Monday, June 11, 2007

We Made It!

Well, today marked my return to work. Ugh! Thankfully, little Nate gets to go stay with his loving Grammy every day. Thanks, mom, you're the best! I got up at 5:00 after getting a solid 6 hours of sleep. Thanks Nate, mommy needed that before her first day. I fed Nate after having to wake him up, changed his diaper twice, got myself ready, and gathered all the essentials for his diaper bag, my lunch, and everything needed for me to pump at work. Throw in 2 framed pictures for my desk and my purse and I had quite a load!! I grabbed Nate and we headed out to Grammy's at 6:15. I dropped him off said my goodbyes, took some pictures, and put him back down to sleep. I headed off to work and made it there by 6:50. We did pretty good time wise this morning thanks to no unforeseen spit-ups, diaper leaks, or fussiness. I held myself together pretty good. I had some emotional moments, but I got most of my emotions about returning to work out about a week ago. I just decided to have my melt down a little early ;-)!! Nate did great with mom. He ate, played, and slept well. As a matter of fact, I put him back to bed when I left this morning and returned to get him up from a nap after work. I flew through traffic anxious to see the little man. He was wearing his "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" onesie. I thought mom would like that for the first day :-)!


Our biggest incident of the day was after he and I got home. I put him in the swing while I changed clothes, washed out my lunch containers and made bottles for tomorrow. I got ready to feed him and since he had been napping and had a full diaper, I stopped to change it before feeding him. Well, during mid-change, while dirty diaper was off and new one wasn't on yet, Nate decided it was time for a 'code brown'. Yep, I think it was his way of getting back at me for not staying home with him.


All in all, it was a successful day. I will be in good shape if the rest of the week goes that
smoothly!

Heading out, still in PJ's!

Saying my goodbyes!


When I left, he was headed back to finish sleeping! I still swaddle him because it tends to let him know it is time for a nap or bedtime.

When I returned, he was looking so cute! Here he is sleeping after kicking himself free from his SwaddleMe. Very seldom does he fight the confinement, but as you can see, today he wanted freedom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things went well with going back to work. How awesome that Nate gets to spend the day with Grammy!
He's so cute...I just can't decide who he looks like...I change my mind with each picture!

AW said...

Kim, SOOO glad things went well for you. I'm praying things go just as smoothly when I return from maternity leave. Thank you for giving me some encouragement!

And Leslie, I have a hard time deciding who he looks like too!

The Moshells said...

We're so glad that the day went smoothly. I know Nate is really going to enjoy spending that special time with his Grammy...and vice versa! What a sweetie you have there!!

The Rowe Crew said...

I'm so proud of you guys!! Nate is so blessed to have such wonderful parents and grandparents to take care of him! I will pray that things continue to go smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I'm so glad your first day back went well. You're a terrific mom to Nate!
Love,
Amanda

Amy Sew Fun said...

Kim, So glad that you made it back to work and things went well for you with Nate. Nate is going to be fine with Grandma and he will continue brings you and Sam lots of joy.