Monday, February 23, 2009

My little Tater-bug is a Sweetheart!

This past week-end, my sweet little boy finally started saying "mommy". OMG, I melted. He has the sweetest little voice and a cute little smile on his face when he looks at me and says it. He kept saying it all week-end and I found myself daydreaming about it all day today at work. I get such a silly grin on my face when I imagine it. He was stubborn and wouldn't demonstrate for Grammy when I picked him up, but shortly after we got home, he was saying it again. It is hard to believe that he won't be my only baby come this summer because there are still so many things to experience with him.

Nate also surprised us Saturday morning when he asked for another donut hole by saying and signing "more". It was so cute and intentional. You see, Nate just doesn't ever really need to speak or communicate much because Sam, Grammy and myself usually anticipate his every need and he just seems to be holding back in the speech department. We will try to get him to repeat a word we are saying and he just looks at us. It reminds me of the movie, Look Who's Talking, because I can just imagine what he is thinking when he just stares back at us and won't even repeat words he knows. We figure he will talk more when he is ready, and then we will probably be wishing he would stop ;-). So, for now, the little things tug at my heart-strings and put water in my eyes.

Nate has become such an affectionate little boy and mommy loves every minute of it. I never really did the whole rock-him-to-sleep technique when he was smaller because I was told it is better to not get in the habbit of him needing that for sleep. So, he always went down really easily and never had major cuddle time because he was always too busy to sit still with me. Well, it all worked out because now he hugs, kisses and cuddles with me several times a day. He and I have such a great bond right now that I can't help but feel guilty about bringing a new baby home in July. It is a bitter-sweet feeling knowing that I am having another baby. I am so excited for this new baby and wanted it more that anything, but I will miss Nate being my only baby. It is sad to know that the second one won't have daddy and I to himself like Nate did, but he or she will be blessed with a great older brother.

1 comment:

AW said...

He and I have such a great bond right now that I can't help but feel guilty about bringing a new baby home in July. It is a bitter-sweet feeling knowing that I am having another baby. I am so excited for this new baby and wanted it more that anything, but I will miss Nate being my only baby.

I so understand this! I've enjoyed JK SO MUCH being my first born and having him to ourselves this whole time. He is the one that made me a Momma! But I do look forward to seeing him as an older brother and growing up creating memories with a little sibling. That's not really something I have and really want him to have it.