Monday, February 19, 2007

Shower Time!!


On Saturday, I had my first baby shower! It was at my sister's house in McKinney and my mom and old roommate helped to host. They did a fantastic job! My nieces were even in attendance and they are great little helpers! I love you McKenna and Sydney! It was great to see some of both of our extended families and friends, including one of my college friends, Carrie, who came all the way from Tampa, FL. We had a good visit, although it is never long enough :-( . My cousin, Valeri, made the cutest Teddy Bear cake to go with the decor of our nursery. I can't believe she had the time with 6 kids at home. She is quite the superwoman! Sam and I were so blessed by everyone's generosity! Among the gifts, my family got us our stroller. We will get miles and miles of use from it. We got several other must haves including: a baby monitor, bottle sterilizers, grocery cart cover, sleep positioner, several blankets, toys, booster seat, a play gym, butt paste ;-), and a PINK Bumbo. Yeah, that's right, I said a PINK bumbo. Apparently, the stores cannot keep these things on the shelf and Sam has made it clear that a pink one just won't work for his son ;-)!! I guess I will just have to exchange if for a purple one---just kidding, Sam!!









No comments: