Saturday, February 17, 2007

God's Gift...


What lead Kim and I to pain-stakingly undertake the large stencil over the crib? For inquiring minds, allow me to explain. In early August of 2006, Kim and I found out we were going to have a baby. It so happens that 8/9 is my birthday. So exactly 1 week early on August 2nd, Kim decided to surprise me with the best birthday present I could ever get... fatherhood. Before I arrived home from work, Kim went out to buy an early birthday gift to surprise me with the news. While she was out shopping she walked by and saw a Christian-themed children's book. Intrigued by this book, she picked it up to look through it. The first page she opened to read the above verse, 1 Samuel 1:27. As some of you may or may not know, Kim and I had been trying for almost a year to get pregnant and were considering the path of fertility treatments before we discovered the news. So, the months and months of tears, praying and hoping finally paid off. We were truly blessed. Oh and did I mention not only does the verse itself directly apply to our situation (1 Samuel 1:27), but my name is Samuel, this is our first child, and I was 27 at the time. GOD IS GOOD!! Not only that, but only a few months later we learned we were having a boy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys - This is absolutely gorgeous! I am so impressed with your stenciling abilities. Little Wolfe-Pup (as we at the Horton house call him) is going to LOVE his new room! Can't wait to meet him!

The Moshells said...

I love his nursery. You did such a good job and he sure to appreciate it...one day! :) We are so excited for all these little ones to meet and greet...good times await us all.
Love you guys!
Team Moshell

The Rowe Crew said...

AMAZING!!! You guys did such a wonderful job on the nursery and I know little Wolfe-pup is going to love it! I can't imagine the hours it took to make everything so incredibly perfect and I know you will SO enjoy the hours you will spend rocking that little man in his room - enjoy!

AW said...

Oh my goodness, your nursery is gorgeous! I love the colors, the stenciling. But most of all I love the scripture above the crib. Can't wait to meet the little guy!