Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday, Daddy!!

Yesterday was my daddy's 30th birthday! Don't tell anyone, but my mommy is actually older than my daddy ;-)!!

I love my daddy so much. We have so much fun together and he works so hard to provide for our family. We started the day with my first swim lessons (pictures coming). Mommy and I wanted to make him feel extra special, so when we got home we showered him with gifts (including a gun safe, ammunition, and other shooting gear) and made his favorite cake. We even surprised him with brand new 16 month pictures of "yours truly"-see in a later post. Tonight, I sent him and mommy to see "The Dark Knight" and eat dinner at Cheesecake Factory, while I stayed at the house with Grammy and Papa. They also brought daddy a new wheel barrel - maybe I can get a ride!

On Sunday, we met up with daddy's family to have breakfast at Poor Richards---yum, yum! I was grabbing at food off of both mommy and daddy's plate! We all returned to our house so that everyone could see me walk, play, climb on the couch, climb up the stairs, etc. Back to the real reason for the get together, daddy opened some more gifts and we all ate some cake and ice-cream. Well, I really only had a few bites of Grandma's ice cream, but I was still full from breakfast. I got to show everyone my new playroom and then they headed out. To cap off the birthday week-end, we all took a 3 hour nap. Daddy really loved this!!

Oh, yeah! Mommy even styled my hair like daddy's for the occasion!

No comments: